Are you looking for an easy way to implement book clubs in your classroom? Book Clubs are one of the most effective ways to engage your students in reading and this pack includes everything you need to have successful book clubs in your classroom.
Your students will love exploring book clubs with their own jobs each week and you will love the independence that comes with student-led book clubs. Participating in book clubs allows students to discuss their books & take ownership of their learning. Book clubs not only foster students' comprehension but also encourage students to use accountable talk & participate as a part of a group.
And getting started with book clubs can be easy for you and your students!
Here's what you'll get:
- A complete teacher guide for getting started and continuing book clubs week by week.
- Student expectation pages: a reading contract, schedule, conversation starters, reading plan, and more.
- 7 different student job pages. Each job has 2 differentiated versions. Jobs include word whiz, director, connector, summarizer, travel tracer, character reporter, and story spotlight.
- Stop and jot sheet for students to analyze, predict and infer, clarify, and question.
- Reflection page for reflection after book club meetings.
- Letters to families to explain book clubs and expectations.
- Student reference guide flipbook that explains each job and gives examples.
- Classroom posters that describe each job in detail.
- Name tags for student jobs to wear during book clubs.
- Student bookmarks to keep track of reading skills, jobs, and pages to be read.
- Labels for student materials. Labels print on Avery shipping labels 5163, 2×4 size labels.
- Student certificates to celebrate the completion of a book. Half-sheet certificates, black and white, and printer-friendly.
- Teacher planning page to keep track of each group's book, pages to be read, and jobs each week. Two versions are available.
- Discussion cards-“We're stuck, what can we discuss?” Includes 19 questions that can be used for any book for students to use when they feel they are off track or stuck in their discussion.
- Accountability posters- discuss being responsible, organized, prepared, engaged, a speaker, and a listener with these square posters.
- Accountable talk display-bulletin board letters and accountable talk word bubbles are perfect to display for students to use accountable talk while in their book clubs.
Pages are available as full and half-sheet pages to fit into folders or notebooks.
Your students will love having the time and space to discuss books in a student-led setting. Book clubs are such an amazing way to involve and interest students in reading.
From the most reluctant reader to your eager bookworms, each student will learn and grow from the time they spend in your classroom participating in book clubs. Your students will form habits that will help them develop a lifelong love for reading…and talking about reading!
Prep is quick and easy… Just print the student and teacher pages, gather books for your groups, and you're ready for fun and engaging book clubs!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Harleigh P. says, “This product has changed the way my students do book clubs! It is easy to follow, engaging, and gets them to think deeply!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer C. says, “My 4th grade Honors students LOVE book clubs! This resource gave me everything I need to get them started in my classroom. I love all the directions from the author because I was a little unsure of how to implement them. But now they are running full speed and it's going great!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A 3rd Grade Teacher. says, “This is AMAZING. It's my first year doing book clubs and I love the resources this product provides. It's been so helpful for students to truly lead their book clubs and show how responsible they are.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Andrea K. says, “This resource is so organized and easy to follow. It has been so helpful for me in getting my book clubs up and running. Thank you! ”
Copyright © Two Little Birds
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.