This is everything you need to share the cute book, “I Need a Hug” by Aaron Blabey with your students.
- 10 printable activities available in full page and journal size versions
- 10 digital versions of the activities
- A class collaboration project
- A classroom poster with a book quote
These activities are available as printable pages as well as digital slides:
- Have you ever felt someone’s words were hurtful?
- Why could name calling hurt feelings?
- What could you say if someone is excluded?
- Describe how he feels.
- Would you hug a porcupine?
- When might you need a hug?
- What do you look for in a good friend?
- How can you comfort a friend?
- For fun: would you rather kiss a snake or hug a porcupine?
- Thoughts and reflections
The “Class Collab” project is a set of pull off tabs. There is a set that is filled with positive affirmations to use as well as blank sets that you can work to fill in as a class or individually. The digital version has clickable tabs to positive affirmation pages (which would also print to be cute posters too).
You will love getting to know your students while sharing this book.
This resources is part of Set Four of the “Read On” series of read aloud activities. You can find that HERE.
If you’d like the “All Access Pass” which includes access to all 60 read aloud activities for the year, you can find that HERE.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].