This is everything you need to share the beautiful book, “Where Are You From?” by Yamile Saied Mendez with your students.
- 10 printable activities available in full page and journal size versions
- 10 digital versions of the activities
- A class collaboration project
- A classroom poster with a book quote
These activities are available as printable pages as well as digital slides:
- Where are you from?
- Who do you turn to talk to?
- Learning from experiences
- Learning from mistakes
- All about your family
- Ask questions about where you are from
- Five words to describe your family
- Respecting where others are from
- Thoughts and reflections
The “Class Collab” has students creating a display celebrating who they are by creating collage pictures on an “I am” template.
You will love getting to know your students while sharing this book.
This resources is part of Set Two of the “Read On” series of read aloud activities. You can find that HERE.
If you’d like the “All Access Pass” which includes access to all 60 read aloud activities for the year, you can find that HERE.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].