A complete reading conference binder to help you stay organized for your reading conferences! Reading conferences are an integral part of your reader's workshop and staying organized will help your quick conferences be meaningful.
Included in this resource:
- Conferencing tips
- Conferencing questions
- Running records “cheat sheet”
- Intervention suggestions for reading behaviors
WHOLE CLASS INFO
- Running record tracking for the whole class.
- Grouping the class page
- Group pages-choices for 4-6 groups and a blank page. You can laminate and then use sticky notes that are color coded for groups. Write names of students on sticky notes and attach to the page and when your groups switch, it’s easy to switch in your binder too.
- Tracking sheet for the class to keep track of dates that you conference with students.
INDIVIDUAL STUDENT INFO
- Strategy checklist for student goals and progress based on CCCS “I Can Statements.” (Copy two sided and keep one for each student) These checklists are separated by grade level.
- Individual running records tracker
- Individual running record notes
- Conference date tracker for each individual student
- Note taking pages for each individual student’s conference. Choose what format works best for you.
- Individual reading goal tracker
- Note taking page for each individual student’s reading goals
SMALL GROUP INFO
- Small group note taking page
These materials are a part of the Launching Reading Workshop unit which includes everything that you need to launch reading workshop in your classroom and more.