Included in this resource:
- Directions for each center for your own review.
- Fluency schedules to rotate each week.
- Blank schedule page
- Full size page student directions
- 4×5.5 size student directions can be put in frames or bound to be a flip book or directions.
- Cold/warm reading recording page
- Fluency posters.
- Talking with a partner cards-to be bound together or hole punched with a binder ring.
- Labels for .group bins and folders. The group labels can be laminated. Write the group member’s names on them. The folder labels print on Avery 2×4 labels (5163).
Setting up your fluency practice:
There are a few ways that you can set up your fluency activities. You can test out different ways to see what works best for you and your students. Each group can have supplies or you can have a community spot where students grab from and share.
- Each group has their own fluency folder. Use a folder with prongs in the middle and hole punch pages or use sheet protectors to put the fluency activity pages inside. Groups can grab their folder and work on fluency.
- Set up a fluency center. Create a spot in the room that students can visit to grab materials and activities to practice fluency.
- Use small cards to bind or use a binder ring to make a small book of activities for students to choose from.
These materials are a part of the Launching Reading Workshop unit which includes everything that you need to launch reading workshop in your classroom and more.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].