This is everything you need to share the beautiful book, The Day You Begin by Jacqueline Woodson with your students.
- 10 printable activities available in full page and journal size versions
- 10 digital versions of the activities
- A class collaboration project
- A classroom poster with a book quote
These activities are available as printable pages as well as digital slides:
- Name 5 unique things about yourself.
- Name three things that someone may not know about you when they meet you.
- Have you ever felt on the outside of something? How did you feel?
- How can you make sure that everyone feels welcome instead of on the outside?
- Tell a story that only YOU can tell.
- What are some qualities of a good friend?
- A picture of yourself.
- The first day of school.
- 5 things you could say or ask someone when you first meet to get to know them better.
- Thoughts and feelings
You will love getting to know your students while sharing this book.
This resources is part of Set One of the “Read On” series of read aloud activities. You can find that HERE.
If you'd like the “All Access Pass” which includes access to all 60 read aloud activities for the year, you can find that HERE.
If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].